Seared Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Season fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat till hot (not brown or smoking). Add the fillets to the skillet—if your fillets are skin-on, place the fillets skin side up, meat side down.
- Sear them on one side for 2-3 minutes till a golden brown crust forms on the meat.
- Without flipping the salmon, transfer the skillet to the oven and let it cook for 7-10 more minutes to desired doneness. Thick fillets will take longer.
- While salmon is cooking, mix sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl till well blended. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove salmon from the oven. Use an oven mitt, that skillet handle will be HOT!
- Serve cooked salmon fillets topped with sauce and garnished with a sprig of fresh dill.