Seared Black Cod with Meyer Lemon Risotto
- In a medium heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Add rice and saute 5 minutes, stirring often, using a wood spoon.
- Add wine, reduce heat to medium low and stir until fully absorbed about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup hot chicken stock and stir until absorbed, and continue adding the remaining stock, a 1/2 cup at a time ( about 4 cups total) stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add the salt, white pepper, the zest of two meyer lemons and the juice of 1 1/2 meyer lemons.
- Taste and adjust salt and lemon if necessary.
- Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Make the Gremolata by placing all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- In a heavy bottom skillet heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Blot fish dry, and salt and pepper both sides.
- Place skin side down in the skillet and sear. After a couple minutes give the skillet a shake to loosen the fish.
- Turn heat to medium, and continue searing the skin side for about 5 minutes, until skin is nice and crisp.
- Turn the fish over, turn heat down to med-low and cook for just a couple minutes.
- When ready to serve, “loosen” the risotto by adding another 1/2 cup of hot stock and stir.
- Divide among plates, top with seared fish, skin side up ( to prevent soggy skin)
- Spoon the Gremolata on and around the fish and top with meyer lemon zest and microgreens (optional).