Sautéed Beet Greens with Roasted Beets
These light, delicious sautéed beet greens are tossed in tangy vinegar and spices before being topped with roasted beets, crushed pistachios, and crumbles of goat cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425° F (218° C).
- Cut greens off beets and set aside.
- Wash beets and scrub well to remove dirt. Wrap beets loosely in foil and place on a pan in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until beets are soft and a knife can easily be inserted into the middle.
- Rinse greens and rip into 1" pieces, discarding the large middle stem. Set greens aside.
- Once beets have cooled enough to handle, rub skin off using a paper towel or kitchen towel. Cut beets into 1/2" wedges.
- During the last 10 minutes that the beets cook, sauté onion in oil or butter for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until softened and translucent. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes longer. Add beet greens and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted. Add sliced beets, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Toss to mix in.
- Place beets and greens in a serving dish and garnish with goat cheese crumbles and pistachios. Serve immediately.