Salmon and Broccoli Pasta with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil (optionally add 1 teaspoon salt) and cook the pasta for the time indicated on the packet.
- Drain the pasta and keep warm.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and slice the mushrooms.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave safe dish, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 3 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms in the extra butter until softened. Set aside.
- Pour one cup of milk into a large saucepan and add the butter, dill and parsley. Heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the fish (skin side down), cover with a lid and poach gently for about 6 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn the fish over and poach for a further 3 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove the salmon from the pan (leave the poaching liquid in the pan) and carefully remove the skin. Discard the skin and break the salmon into flakes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornflour with the second cup of milk and add to the poaching liquid in the frying pan. Add salt to taste and stir over a low heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir the cream into the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir until well coated. Add in the broccoli and mushrooms then stir in the frozen peas.
- Stir over a low heat until piping hot and the peas have defrosted.
- Stir in the salmon and serve.