Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
serves 3-4These Rosemary Mashed Potatoes are made with fresh rosemary and make the perfect holiday side! Really easy, simple, and so creamy!
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Add ½ teaspoon sea salt. The smaller you chop the potatoes, the quicker they will cook but once they start boiling they will take 15-20 minutes to cook. Use a fork to see when they’re done. They should be very soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the onion.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, avocado oil, finely chopped onion, and the remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until glossy. Stir often. Add more oil or butter if needed.
- Add the rosemary and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir often.
- Lastly, add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and set it aside.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain them and add them back to the pot.
- Add 1 cup of cashew milk and the cooked onion, rosemary, and garlic mixture.
- Use a potato masher or a hand mixer to mash the potatoes. I like mine very smooth so I use a potato mixer. Just be careful and start slow so the milk and potatoes don’t splash.
- Add more milk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve topped with more melted butter and fresh rosemary for garnish. Enjoy!