Roasted Summer Squash with Garlic, Feta Cheese and Basil
For this recipe use whatever summer squash and onions you still have from this week's box and previous.
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Choose a roasting pan that will hold the vegetables in a single layer, and spray with non-stick spray or mist with olive oil.
- Wash zucchini and summer squash and trim off stem ends.
- Cut squashes lengthwise down the middle and then cut each piece into half-moon pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
- Clean the green onions and slice into diagonal pieces about 1 inch long.
- Chop the garlic.
- Put sliced squash and onions into a plastic bowl.
- Mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic and toss with squash.
- Arrange vegetables on roasting pan and crumble feta cheese over.
- Roast about 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are barely tender.
- Stir the vegetable-cheese mixture once or twice during roasting so melted feta is coating some of the squash by the time it’s done.
- Serve hot, with thinly sliced basil or other fresh herbs sprinkled over if desired.