Roasted Red Bell Peppers with Pesto and Goat Cheese
A simple, yet impressive, side dish or appetizer – roasted red peppers with pesto and goat cheese are full of flavor and a delicious addition to any meal.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bell peppers in quarters (or smaller if you like, depending on the size of your peppers.) and remove stem and seeds. Place in a large bowl (or large ziplock bag) and toss with pesto, olive oil and balsamic vinegar until peppers are completely covered.
- Line up peppers on a baking sheet and place into oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take peppers out and carefully add crumbled goat cheese to insides of pepper quarters.
- Place back into oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until goat cheese is melted.
- Optional: sprinkle chopped fresh oregano over peppers before serving.