Roasted Green Bean and Tomato Pasta
adapted from slimmingeats.com
- Preheat oven to 425f
- Add the shallots, green beans and fresh tomatoes to a baking tray or oven proof skillet (big enough for the ingredients to be placed in even layer).
- Whisk the tomato paste into the stock and poor this over all the ingredients in the tray.
- Place the half bulb of garlic into the center of the tray, cut side facing down.
- Sprinkle with the Herbs de Provence and some salt and black pepper and then drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for approx 25-30 minutes, all the tomatoes and garlic should be lovely and softened.
- While the beans and tomatoes roast, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Once the beans and tomatoes are ready, using some tongs, squeeze the garlic out of the half a bulb and discard the skin part.
- Smash the softened golden garlic into the roasted veg with the back of a wooden spoon or fork and give a stir to evenly distribute.
- Add in the pasta with the reserved pasta water and toss to coat. Stir in the grated parmesan and taste and season as needed with some salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!!