Roasted Chicken With Butternut Squash and Kale
- Trim any excess flaps of skin from the chicken and thoroughly pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon rosemary, ginger and garlic until combined. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl or a large zip-top bag and coat the chicken with the mixture. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and leave at room temperature while the oven heats, or up to 1 hour, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees with a rack in the middle.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and season with a pinch of salt and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Using your hands (make sure they’re clean), toss vigorously to coat and rub the oil into the leaves to soften them.
- Combine the squash and shallots on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, season lightly with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread out the vegetables in an even layer.
- Nestle the marinated chicken pieces among the vegetables and drizzle