Roasted Butternut Squash Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Couscous
Delicious, cheesy broccoli cheddar chicken couscous with sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash. You'll love this easy, cozy and healthy dinner recipe for any night of the week!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place butternut squash cubes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle on chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Generously season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss together so that the squash is well coated.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the squash is tender. Once done, allow to rest on baking sheet until you are ready to add to the rest of the dish.
- While the squash is cooking, cook your chicken breast. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add in chicken. Immediately sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5-8 minutes until no longer pink. Remove from heat and set skillet aside or transfer to a bowl.
- To make the couscous: In this order add the following to a large pot or dutch oven: water, couscous and broccoli florets. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes total; check after 5 minutes and give everything a stir.
- Replace the lid and allow to cook for 3-5 more minutes to absorb the water. Stir again, and then add in cooked chicken and shredded cheddar. Stir to melt the cheddar.
- Finally fold in the roasted butternut squash. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Enjoy!