Roasted Beet and Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil. Set aside.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place them on the baking sheet. Lay the chicken breasts on the baking sheet next to the beets. Coat the chicken with cooking spray or olive oil and season it with the salt and black pepper. Roast the chicken and beets for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and set aside. Once slightly cool, slice the chicken into thin slices.
- Continue to roast the beets until tender, another 15-20 minutes. Remove the beets from the oven and set aside.
- Once the beets are cool, peel the skin off and cut each beet into 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, vegetable broth, honey, Dijon mustard, and garlic.
- Add the lettuce and beet chunks to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates. Top each salad with 1/4 of the chicken breast slices, 1 Tbsp. goat cheese and 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds.