Roasted Acorn Squash, Microgreens and Quinoa Salad
Vegan Sesame Garlic Dressing;
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice acorn squash to bite size pieces. Acorns skin gets very tender when roasting so no need to skin it. On a baking sheet drizzle olive oil on squash and toss well, spread squash in a single layer, season with salt and chili. Roast the squash for 25 min. Tossing half way through.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients into a food processor nutribullet. Pulse until desired consistency for dressing.
- Transfer dressing into glass jar or container and set aside
- To cook quinoa, rinse quinoa, add to a medium saucepan with salt and water, bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Once liquid has completely absorbed shut off the heat, fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2-4 can be finished while squash is roasting. Once squash is tender, transfer it to a salad bowl. Add quinoa, half the dressing and toss to combine. Mix in microgreens just before serving, Drizzle the remaining dressing over top.