Rajas with Chicken (Creamy Poblano Strips with Chicken)
- Char the poblano peppers directly over the gas flame on the stove or under the broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in a plastic bag and let steam for 10 minutes.
- While peppers are cooling, coat the pan with 2 tablespoons oil and warm a large skillet on medium heat, add the chicken breasts and cook on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Add the other two tablespoons of oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the corn kernels and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Peel and seed the peppers. Cut the peppers into 1/2-inch strips (a.k.a rajas) and add them to the onion and corn mixture and cook until the corn is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and Mexican crema, (or combination of creme fraiche and sour cream), add back the chicken, and cook until just bubbling, about for 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve.