Quick Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
makes 8 tacos
- Make the Creamy Shrimp Taco Sauce (see below)
- Thinly slice the green cabbage. Thinly slice the red onion and place it in a bowl with cold water (this removes a bit of the strong onion flavor); drain before serving.
- Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the Old Bay seasoning, cumin, salt, and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter on medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs. Spritz with juice of the two lime wedges.
- If desired, char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm.
- To serve, place the cabbage and red onion in a tortilla, then top with shrimp. Squeeze with the juice of 2 lime wedges, then top with the taco sauce. Serve immediately.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate until serving.