Quick and Easy Purple Beans
- Wash your beans then snap the ends off of all the beans. You are taking off about 1/4-1/2 inch
- depending on how long the skinny tales are. Discard the ends.
- Heat the olive oil and water a heavy bottom, large pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the green beans. Stir to coat.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes or so. You should start to hear them pop.
- When you hear some popping, stir, then cover the pot and let them cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Uncover, check doneness (the longer they cook, they less crisp they are).
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and try not to eat all of them as you bring them to the table.