Puff Pastry Tomato Tart
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tomatoes and zucchini in 1/8 inch slices. Lay on two layers of paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with salt and cover with another layer of paper towels. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to draw out the moisture of the vegetables. This will help keep the crust crispy.
- Make the whipped cheese filling: Place the cheeses, egg, garlic, oregano and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Whirl until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper and pulse a few times to mix in. Taste and adjust amount of salt and pepper as desired.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry sheet into a rectangle (approximately 8x12”). Place this on the prepared baking sheet.
- Score a one-inch border all the way around the sheet. Brush some olive oil over this edge.
- Score the middle section with holes using a fork to keep the pastry from puffing up too much.
- Now spread the whipped cheese mixture inside the scored line in an even layer. Spread the everything bagel seasoning around the edge.
- Arrange the tomatoes and zucchini on top of the cheese in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle half of the thyme on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry edges are puffed and golden and veggies are starting to brown on edges. Garnish with more thyme and basil if desired. Slice and enjoy!