Potato Broccoli Patties
- Wash and peel the potatoes using a grater with large holes.Wash it to remove excess starch. Drain over a metal strainer.
- Bring water to boil, enough for the veggies to immerse.
- I first parboiled Broccoli. Add the florets, only after water boils. Wait for a minute or two. Add little salt while boiling.
- Take out the broccoli florets and plunge immediately to ice water to retain the green, prevent over cooking.
- Pat dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Pulse it by running it just once or twice in a mixie/ food processor.
- Now, add grated potato to boiling water. Add little salt.
- When it becomes frothy (2 mins approx) drain from water and you can either proceed to squeeze the excess water in kitchen towel after cooling it for a while. Or, give a ice bath for it too and proceed to squeeze out the water.
- Place the potato, broccoli in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper powder and salt. Add all purpose flour.Mix well evenly.
- Heat oil for shallow frying in a pan. Shape a portion of the prepared mixture tightly. Transfer to your hands and place it in hot oil carefully.
- Cook both sides over medium heat for 3 minutes each side. Adjust timing and flame as needed. It should be cooked crisp and golden. So make sure oil is hot. If not, it will retain oil.
- Drain over paper towels and finish the mixture in few batches.