Potato and Broccoli Cakes
makes 4 cakes
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the oil, shallots and garlic and cook 4 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the potato into 1/8th inch dice. The best way to do this is slice them into 1/8th inch strips, then cut the strips into small cubes.
- Add the potatoes, salt and 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook medium-low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, 2 more tablespoons of water and cook covered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese and shallots and garlic and roll into 4 balls, about 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) each. Flatten to form cakes.
- To cook, heat a large skillet over medium heat, cook 4 to 5 minutes until the bottom is golden, gently flip and cook and additional 4 to 5 minutes. You can freeze whatever you don’t eat. To reheat from frozen, bake in 390F preheated oven 25 minutes.