- Slice the cucumber as thin and evenly as possible. I recommend a mandoline to ensure consistency.
- Stuff as many cucumber slices into a jar as possible. I recommend a sealable glass mason jar (12 oz). Top with the garlic cloves.
- Add the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes to a medium size bowl and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Taste and adjust the salt and sugar to your liking.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumbers. They should all be covered by the liquid.
- Marinate for at least an hour before enjoying to maximize flavor.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two months.