Pepino Melon Ideas
cookinglight.comAlso known as melon pears, tree melons, or mellowfruit, Pepinos are mild and fragrant with a soft, smooth texture. They're a wonderful alternative to other melons, and have many of the same culinary uses.
• Cube it up and toss it on your yogurt and granola or into a morning smoothie.
• For lunch, cube or slice one up to add to a spinach or kale salad with a citrus vinaigrette, sesame seeds and roasted cashews.
• It would be a great replacement for typical melons in a fruit salad.
• Follow your instincts and whims: Try Pepinos as a garnish, in desserts, cocktails, appetizers.
• Like Prosciutto-wrapped melon? Why not try Prosciutto-wrapped Pepino?
• How about in a spicy fruit salsa to accompany macadamia-nut-crusted Halibut?