Pecorino Roasted Potatoes and Fennel
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, then into quarters or sixths depending on size. The potatoes should be about 1-inch pieces or just a bit larger. Place on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice off the end of the fennel bulbs, then slice in half. Remove the outermost layer of fennel. Slice each half into 3 to 4 wedges and cut out the core. You should have large, separated pieces of fennel. Lay fennel on a baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes and fennel in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip potatoes and fennel. Roast another 15 minutes until almost tender.
- Remove potatoes and fennel from oven. Sprinkle half Pecorino Romano over the potatoes and half over the fennel. Return to oven and roast another 10 minutes.
- When cheese is crisp and vegetables are tender, remove from oven. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve immediately.