Parmesan Crusted Crushed Turnips
yields 12 crushed turnips
Parmesan Crusted Crushed Turnips are a delicious, low-carb alternative to crushed potatoes!
- Place peeled turnips in a pot of salted water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until turnips can be pierced easily with a paring knife. Drain. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the turnips on a clean kitchen towel or double layer of paper towels. Gently press each one down until it's approximately 1/2-inch high. Let them drain for 15 minutes then carefully flip them over onto a dry section of the towel or onto fresh paper towels so the other side drains and dries a bit.
- Combine garlic, olive oil and salt and black pepper, to taste in a small bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil. Place the flattened turnips on the lined baking sheet. Brush each turnip with a little of the olive oil and garlic combination. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each turnip, gently pressing it down.
- Carefully and quickly flip each turnip over. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and garlic combination and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Flip each turnip and bake an additional 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh chives and serve.