Pan Seared Halibut with Blood Orange Butter Sauce
Blood Orange Butter Sauce:
- For the blood orange butter sauce: Melt 2 pieces of the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the orange juice; stir to combine and simmer on medium-low heat until the liquid is reduced by about half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining 8 pieces of butter, one piece at a time, whisking constantly, until each is fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- For the pan-seared halibut: Pat the fillets dry with paper towels. Heat the oil in a stainless-steel or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place the fish in the skillet, skin-side down, allowing at least 2 inches between the fillets. Cook until the skin is crispy and the fish releases from the pan easily, about 3 minutes. Season the skinless side of the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper, then flip and cook until the fish is just opaque in the center, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place a few spoonfuls of the Blood Orange Butter Sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with the pomegranate arils and serve.