Pan Fried Salmon with Passion Fruit Sauce
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cooking.
- Use a sharp chef's knife to make 3 or 4 shallow cuts on the skin side of each fillet, being careful not to cut into the flesh. Season the salmon on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter on a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the fillets, skin side down, and pan fry until the skin is crispy and releases easily from the pan, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets with a spatula, and cook the flesh side until firm and golden brown, no more than 1-2 minutes. Remove the fish to a plate and reserve.
- Lower the heat to medium and place the skillet back on the stove. Add another tablespoon of butter and the cornstarch, whisking to make a roux.
- Start pouring the passion fruit juice, whisking constantly to thicken the sauce, about 1-2 minutes. Once the sauce is thickened to the desired consistency, add the honey and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat and add one tablespoon of cold butter, whisking vigorously to emulsify.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the sweetness as needed.
- Arrange the salmon skin side-down on a platter, with the passion fruit sauce spooned over the fillets.
- Serve immediately.