One-Pan Chicken with Basil-Anchovy Butter & Shishito Peppers
- Step 1Make three slits on one side of each chicken thigh, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Step 2Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine butter, basil and anchovies in a small bowl.
- Step 4Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and peppers to the pan. Cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits, until starting to blacken in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Step 5Top the chicken with the butter mixture and serve with the peppers and lemon wedges, if desired.