Moroccan Spiced Chicken and Fennel
Chicken and Fennel
- Combine spices with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Season chicken to coat both sides.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet, add olive oil. Cook chicken breasts about 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add the fennel and onions to the pan and saute for 7 minutes or so. The fennel should be tender but not mushy. If the pan appears to be too dry, add a tablespoon of water. Should be enough to moisten without steaming the vegetables.
- Boil two cups of water with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add couscous to water and turn off heat. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the grains before serving.
- Add juice, broth and the last 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil for about 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixed in 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until it just begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and chopped fennel , cook 2 more minutes.
- Spoon couscous onto plate, with chicken and fennel and onions. Spoon portion of sauce on top.