Moroccan Butternut Squash, Chickpea, and Spinach Stew
- In a large pot, saute onion and ginger in oil over medium-high heat until softened.
- Add garlic; saute until fragrant (approximately one minute)
- Add spices, stock, and squash. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover, and simmer until squash is fork-tender (approximately 15 minutes)
- Add chickpeas and spinach, turn heat to medium, and cover. The spinach will wilt and the chickpeas will heat through.
- Stir stew, adding the lime juice and cilantro. The squash will naturally integrate into the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or cous cous if desired.
Not a fan of spicy recipes? Leave the cayenne pepper out. I did this when I made it for my 11 month old daughter and she couldn’t eat it fast enough!