Kale Salad with Pan-Seared Salmon and Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Chop the jalapeño into a few large chunks and add it to the food processor. If more heat is desired, keep some of the jalapeño seeds with the pepper.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to the food processor: 2 large garlic cloves, 1 large avocado, juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt.
- Turn the food processor on and drizzle in ¼-½ cup olive oil or until your dressing reaches desired consistency.
- Add your de-stemmed and chopped kale to a salad bowl and pour the Creamy Avocado Dressing over the kale.
- Massage the dressing into the kale using your hands or tongs until well combined and the kale has softened. Set aside in the fridge while you prep the salmon.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Season the salmon fillets with adobo seasoning or seasonings of your choice: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, etc.
- Add a couple tablespoons of cooking oil to the skillet and allow to heat for another 30 seconds.
- Place the salmon fillet skin side up in the skillet and sear until the salmon has cooked halfway up the fillet, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the salmon fillet and continue to sear for another 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is flaky and cooked through. Searing time will depend on thickness of the salmon.