Kale, Carrot, and Onion Yummy
- First, crush and dice garlic. Set aside.
- Wash kale and roll in paper towel to dry. Trim and discard ends. Chop the stalks and leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat skillet (or Dutch oven if cooking the whole bunch of kale) and add butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted, add onion, and cook over medium heat until the onion begins to turn translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and carrots and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots begin to soften.
- Add kale and stir to coat with olive oil/butter. Add 1/2 cup water, more if the bottom of the pan isn’t covered.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve onto plates and garnish with almonds and dried currants, if you wish.