Hearty Kale Bean and Zucchini Soup
- Rinse the beans and soak in water to cover for several hours or overnight.
- Drain, rinse again, and put into a soup kettle. Add the onions, garlic, and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, or until the beans are cooked through but still retain some texture.
- Add the tomato sauce, kale, and zucchini.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on how much texture you like.
- Add the parsley. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Add 1/4 pound sliced, cooked kielbasa or other smoked sausage before serving.