Grilled Pluot Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
adapted from wisconsincheese.com
- Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Transfer greens to a large salad bowl.
- Brush grill grid with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Warm grid on grill grate, covered, over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Carefully add plout slices to grill grid. Grill plouts, covered, for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once, or until caramelized. Remove from the heat. Add plouts to salad bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over bread pieces; toss to coat. Place onto grill grid.
- Place on grill grate. Grill bread, covered, for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until toasted. Transfer to salad bowl.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over salad; toss gently. Tear mozzarella into 1 1/2-inch pieces; arrange on salad. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Top with hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.