Grilled English Peas
- 1 Prepare your grill for high, direct heat.
- 2 Place a handful of peas into a bowl and drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt. Toss to coat with oil and salt.
- 3 Place peas on hot grill, arranged in a way so that they don't fall through the grill grates. Grill a few minutes on each side, so that the peas are well charred, and sufficiently cooked so that the peas are tender inside
- 4 Remove to a bowl and drizzle with a little balsamic and toss with a little mint if you want.
- 5 Eat like edamame. Plop the pod in your mouth and scrape against the salty, charred surface of the pod to extract the peas. Discard the empty pods.