Goat's Cheese and Beet Puff Pastry Tart
This super-easy goat's cheese and beetroot puff pastry tart makes a great starter or light lunch.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Mix the goat's cheese, mascarpone and honey together in a bowl.
- Unroll the puff pastry but keep it on the paper it is wrapped in. Place on a large baking tray and slice in half. Space the pieces slightly apart on the tray.
- Score a small border around the edges of each piece with a knife and then prick within the border with a fork.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Press the middle of the tarts to flatten. Gently spread the cheese mixture within the border of each tart - take care as the puff pastry is flaky and fragile.
- Add the beet slices and scatter with the walnuts. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a sprinkling of thyme leaves and a drizzle of honey.