Fresh Apricot Muffins with Blueberries
makes 12 muffins
- Toss chopped apricots and blueberries with lemon juice. Set aside. Grease and flour 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, milk, and egg. Stir milk mixture into the dry ingredients and blend just until moistened. Do not beat.
- Gently fold in the fruit mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full. If desired, sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 375° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about 3 minutes in pan then remove to cool completely. Makes 12 muffins.