Eggplant Parmesan Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place eggplant in a 13x9-inch baking dish; toss with 3 Tbsp. oil and salt. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once once halfway through. Transfer eggplant to the fridge and chill for 20 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Keep oven on and wipe pan clean.
- Place cooled eggplant in a food processor and pulse about 10 to 12 times, or until the eggplant is finely chopped/broken down. Transfer eggplant to a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, eggs, garlic, black pepper, and onion powder. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until well-combined. (The mixture should still feel moist.) Gently form into 20 mini meatballs (about 2 Tbsp. each).
- Heat remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Once hot, add half the meatballs and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, turning to cook all sides, until browned. Repeat with second batch of eggplant meatballs.
- Spread marinara sauce in the same 13x9-inch baking pan you roasted the eggplant in. Add eggplant meatballs to the pan, and scatter small dollops of ricotta cheese throughout.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes, until the marinara is bubbly. Garnish with extra fresh chopped parsley and Parmesan, if desired. Serve warm with crusty bread.