Easy Tomato Spinach Pasta
- While the water is heating, dice the onion, grate or chop the garlic, and chop the tomatoes (if not using a can).
- Add the pasta when the water is boiling (add salt and a small amount of oil for taste).
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes. Note: if you use fresh tomatoes, the sauce will get a little runny. Only if you let it stand for a day will you get this creamy texture we're looking for.
- Add the spinach.
- Add the oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and the greek yogurt. Stir until both are dissolved into the sauce.
- Now add the hard cheese.
- Drain and add the pasta. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally for 1 minute. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Dinner is ready!