Easy Skillet Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add sweet potatoes and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining olive oil and onions. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover skillet with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and add garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, increase heat back to medium and cook for 4-6 minutes more.*
- Just before serving sprinkle skillet sweet potatoes with cilantro, green onions and additional salt/pepper if desired. Enjoy!
- If you would like your sweet potatoes to be slightly crispy you can increase your heat to medium-high during the last two minutes of cooking. Be sure to keep an eye on the sweet potatoes so they do not burn!