Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a large, sturdy knife, cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy bits from each half and discard (or save for roasting).
- Transfer the butternut squash, cut-side up into a baking dish and brush with olive oil or melted butter, coating the entire surface of the squash.
- Season with salt and pepper and brown sugar and herbs (if desired).
- Roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until soft, and fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Scoop flesh from the skin and enjoy plain or in your favorite recipes.