Cucumber and Radish Salad with Feta, Red Wine Vinegar and Buttermilk Dressing
- Cut ends off cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into half-moon slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Wash radishes and trim ends, then cut in half lengthwise and cut into half-moon slices just slightly thinner than cucumbers. Put cucumbers and radishes into salad bowl.
- Put 1/2 cup crumbled feta into a bowl or measuring cup. Add chopped fresh thyme (or crushed dried thyme) and red wine vinegar and mash slightly with a fork. (I like to leave it a little chunky.) Stir in olive oil and buttermilk (or use regular milk or water if you prefer.)
- Stir the dressing into the salad. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper (I didn’t use much salt.)
- Serve with the extra 1/4 cup crumbled feta sprinkled over the salad.
- This will keep in the fridge for a day or two, but it’s better freshly made.