Crumb Apple Zucchini Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 bread pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over med-low heat, cook chopped apples with 2 Tbsp of brown sugar, 1 Tbsp butter, and 1 tsp of cinnamon, for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until apples have begun to soften. Pull off heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a another bowl, mix oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together.
- Making a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add in grated zucchini (zucchini is a very wet vegetable, so try to pat off as much excess water as possible with a paper towel before adding to the batter) and cooled apples. Fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Combine cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter, and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle coating evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean (My oven took exactly 55 minutes; around the 40-minute mark, I usually cover the bread with a piece of foil to keep the top from browning too much).
- Allow bread to cool before removing from pan.