Creamy Roasted Fennel Pasta
serves 2 as main, 4 as side
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss fennel slices with oil and salt, roast until edges are browning, about 10 minutes.
- Get pasta water (well salted) boiling, cook pasta as directed on packaging.
- Blend soaked cashews, 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp salt, zest from lemon plus half the juice (reserve the second half) until well blended. You are looking for a creamy consistency. Add more cashews to thicken, or water if too thick.
- Heat large skillet on med-low. Add 2 Tblsp fat and garlic. Cook garlic until soft, about 5 minutes, add roasted fennel and stir. Add spinach, olives, capers, and blended cashew cream, stir. Add pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Add cooked pasta straight from it's cooking water and stir.
- Squeeze second half of lemon over, add chopped fennel fronds, salt and pepper to taste.
- I served it with pan roasted salmon.