Creamy Roasted Carrot, Garlic and Rosemary Soup
Vegan and Gluten Free
makes 8 cups
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Put the carrots on a lined baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil on top. Grind a bit of sea salt and black pepper on top and toss so the olive oil coats the carrots. Roast for ten minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 375° and add the garlic cloves. Shake the pan so the carrots turn over and the garlic is covered in the olive oil. Roast for ten minutes.
- Shake the pan to turn the carrots and garlic and roast for ten minutes.
- Add the rosemary leaves and shake the pan. Roast for five minutes.
- Remove and let the carrots, garlic, and rosemary cool for five minutes.
- Place the carrots, garlic, and rosemary in a high powered blender with one and a half cups of almond milk and blend until smooth and creamy. You shouldn’t see any whole pieces of any of the ingredients.
- Pour the soup into a medium sauce pan and add the remaining one and a half cups of almond milk and stir to blend. Heat on medium-low heat and add ground sea salt and pepper to taste.