Creamy Leek Avocado Soup
serves 5 cups
- Add the chopped leeks, potato, bay leaves, chicken stock, salt and pepper to a cooking pot. Bring it to a boil and then simmer it for about 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro and simmer couple more minutes. Do not overcook, but make sure that the potato is cooked. Discard the bay leaves.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and put it in a blender. Use just enough of the soup contents to make a smooth puree with avocado.
- Put the remaining soup with vegetables into the blender and combine it into a creamy consistency. Adjust salt, pepper, lemon juice as per taste.
- For the topping, heat the olive oil and sauté the sliced onion to a crisp brown, add turmeric right before turning off the heat. This will ensure that the turmeric does not get burnt.
- Ladle the creamy leek avocado soup into a serving bowl and top it with crisp onions and turmeric olive oil. Alternatively you may use crisp matchstick potatoes, crunchy roasted chickpeas or croutons as a topping.