Creamy Cauliflower Curry with Basil
A creamy, mildly spiced Cauliflower Curry with sweet Italian basil. Goes perfectly over some white rice, or with a crusty bread.
- With a mortar and pestle, or in a food processor, make a coarse paste of the garlic, ginger and green chilis. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil.
- Add the cumin seeds and, when they begin to darken a little, add the ginger-garlic-chili paste. Stir to mix
- Add the coriander leaves and stir.
- Add the onions and stir-fry until the onions turn translucent but don't brown, about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric and garam masala and stir well to mix.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir thoroughly
- Add 1 cup of water, cover the saucepan, and let the cauliflower cook 5-10 minutes, or until it's as tender as you want it to be. I like my cauliflower with a slight bite, but if you prefer it more tender, let it go a little longer.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, add the coconut milk and lemon juice. Stir well and let it warm through without coming to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Tear the basil into the curry using your fingers.
- Serve hot with rice or crusty bread.
- *Hot tip: Add some cubed tofu to this recipe for a protein boost.