Corno di Toro Pepper Quiche
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Briefly warm milk on stove stop to hasten cooking time.
- Cool slightly and add to eggs, beating together. Add and mix in salt and pepper.
- Prepare puff pastry: Place puff pastry into Springform pan, cutting corners off and placing on pan wall to shape a uniformly high pastry wall. (It doesn't have to be perfectly neat, just somewhat even and without holes.)
- Sprinkle butternut squash into pastry shell. Sprinkle with Asiago/Parmesan cheese.
- Pour custard mixture over bottom of pastry shell. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Very carefully, place red pepper ringlets onto custard, making sure that they remain floating on the surface (some immersion is unavoidable) so that you can appreciate the contrast of the yellowy custard, white cheese, and the brilliant red. Tile in a loose mosaic form (see my photo).
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden.
- Cool slightly, unhook the pan wall carefully to avoid pastry tearing (Be Brave!). Enjoy warm or cold.