Chocolate Beet Muffins
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Peel the beets and grate in food processor with a grating disc. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed, cream together the sugars, butter and oil. Using the hand mixer on low speed, beat in the egg mixture. Slowly fold in the flour mixture.
- Using a spatula, mix in the grated beets and chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter into 12 muffin cases. Each case should be about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are springy to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.