Chard with Orzo, Cannellini Beans and Pancetta
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook the orzo for about 9 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a deep-sided saute pan or medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the pancetta and cook until crispy.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the Swiss chard, and season with salt and pepper. Cook the Swiss chard, stirring periodically until it begins to wilt.
- Add the cooked orzo, cannellini beans, and 2 tablespoons chicken broth, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Add remaining chicken broth, as necessary, if the dish feels like it needs a little more moisture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
- What if I don't have pancetta? Any bacon will do! Use whatever bacon you have -- I've also used turkey bacon in this recipe and it works perfectly.