- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook it just until fork tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer it to a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut it into very small pieces. (The cauliflower pieces should be the size of peas or smaller.)
- Measure out 4 cups of the chopped cauliflower. (Discard the remaining cauliflower or use for cauliflower tots or mashed cauliflower).
- Combine the cauliflower, flour, eggs, garlic, scallions, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and lightly coat it with olive oil. Scoop out 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the cauliflower mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly with a spatula and spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, flip them once and cook them an additional 1 to 2 minutes until they're golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate. Serve them warm topped with yogurt or sour cream.