Carrot Salad with Cilantro and Garlic
- Julienne carrots using a julienne slicer. You can also cut the carrots into thin strips with a sharp knife if you don't have a slicer.
- Toss julienned carrots with coarse sea salt and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and caramelize until golden brown, stirring occasionally so not to burn.
- While onions are caramelizing, add minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, cumin and coriander to the carrots. Combine and set aside.
- When onions are done, allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, combine with already seasoned carrots and add fresh cilantro. Toss until combined well.
- Enjoy immediately or store in cold storage for up to one week.