Carrot Cilantro Soup
- Prepare the ingredients. Chop the carrots, dice the onions, mince the garlic and chop the roots and half the leaves of the cilantro bunch.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven .
- Cook onion, garlic and cilantro roots and leaves in a large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add carrots and turn heat up and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Let it get really hot, and the carrots begin to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the saucepan with a little stock.
- Add enough stock (about 3 cups) to cover the ingredients in the pan and cook until the carrots are tender – about 15 minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft, puree in a blender (or use an immersion/stick blender) so that it is nice and smooth. Add more stock if needed for desired consistency.
- Check seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Garnish with sour cream, and a fresh cilantro.